Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Concrete Jungle: NYC







Labour Day weekend I packed up and headed out to New York City to visit my family and act like a tourist.  I've gone to New York on many occasions but I have yet to participate in the tourist activities of NYC.  So, this trip would be the beginning of my exploration of the BIG Apple.  I journeyed thorough 2 of the 5 boroughs (Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, Queens & Manhattan) making up NYC. The borough of Manhattan being the most interesting to me.  From Spanish Harlem to Seaport my travels introduced and re-introduced me to why I love to go to Manhattan when I'm in NYC.  From indulging in peach jamboree's at Magnolia Bakery to having a traditional Italian meal in Historic Little Italy, then expanding my Fifty Shades of Grey knowledge at the Museum of Sex, to seeing Chicago the longest running show on Broadway (get rush tickets you can see more shows that way), to visiting the new home of the Brooklyn Nets at the new Barclay Center, and experiencing the subway rush when fans pack like sardines to get off at 161 St to watch the Yankees at Yankee Stadium just to mention a few places. I have to agree the borough (last two places in the city but not of the borough) named for it's once-upon-a-time "Many Hills" now flattened and gridded is one of the best places in the world.  I definitely recommend "hopping on, hopping off" of one of the double decker bus companies and go to SOHO for shopping if you don't want to spend your life's savings on Fifth Avenue. Lastly, don't forget to wear your walking shoes you're going to need them!


I covet your comments!

Sincerely,

The Covet LifeStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment